Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Toys! Toys! Toys!

It's Christmas time!!! Those of us with kids are bound to think they have so many toys...where are we going to put all the new ones???? Well, here is food for thought: Where do we put all the old ones? I spent the last two days reorganizing my kids' toys. I put them all in bins according to their kind. Then I decided which ones we will keep in their closets. The rest will be stored in the crawl space for a couple of months. Every couple of months after that we will rotate their toys! Not only do we have more space for their new toys to come, but the kids will learn to enjoy their old toys all over again after not seeing them for a couple of months! An extra bonus: Not having so many toys all at once promotes structured play for the kiddos!!!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! It seems like every time I re-locate a toy or bring one out of storage my kids go crazy over it, even if they had stopped playing with it or said they didn't like it! I wish we had a place to put toys "on vacation"!

    ReplyDelete